65K - 80K
About The Position
PiperWai launched in March 2014 with a natural and effective alternative to potentially harmful conventional deodorants and antiperspirants. At the time, existing natural deodorants and popular “DIY” recipes either didn’t work, easily melted or irritated sensitive skin. With savvy branding and community building, PiperWai established a brand with an innovative product that customers call “life changing.”
After experiencing record-breaking sales from its December 2015 Shark Tank debut, PiperWai achieved household name brand potential. PiperWai’s small yet powerful team fosters an entrepreneurial culture where every member’s unique ideas have a direct impact on the brand’s future success.
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for all supply chain activities, including managing the development and execution of all activities related to inventory receiving, inventory replenishment, materials management, logistics, production scheduling, and procurement.
- Work alongside our manufacturing partners to meet production timelines, manage purchase orders, and oversee sourcing.
- Be the main point of contact between suppliers, freight forwarders, and our 3PL.
- Communicate with the 3PL to ensure that all inbound and outbound shipments are moving in an effective and timely manner as well as the managing the product placement.
- Update and monitor KPI's, inventory management, and communicate production schedules with the team.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
Production Planning & Sourcing
- Coordinate production schedule for all SKU’s
- Generate sales forecast for production planning
- Source raw materials as needed, arrange deliveries to third party warehouses
- Lead the way in innovative thinking and zero quality defects
- Coordinate insurance renewals annually
- Arrange inventory count, and annual inventory audit
- Monitor and track inventory levels, communicate necessary inventory adjustments internally
- Propose quarterly and annual COGS budget
- Conduct regular margin and cost analysis per SKU, implement cost saving initiatives
- Prepare weekly and quarterly reports on KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)
New Product Development
- Coordinate label regulatory review for all domestic SKU’s, and regulatory review/language translation for internationally distributed SKU’s
- Overseeing raw materials and component sourcing, production run schedule, and coordinating new product launches with internal marketing team
- Schedule and track monthly imports with our international suppliers, freight forwarders, and 3PL
- Overseeing outbound deliveries to customers
- Updating and providing upcoming inventory lists and kitting instructions to PiperWai’s 3PL
- Provide shipping instructions to suppliers, freight forwarders, 3PL's
- Troubleshooting any delays and errors in the logistics and supply chain process
- Assist customer service team with any shipping related questions
- Communicate with various teams with updates on shipping progress
- Collaborate with warehouse management to improve the transportation process and procedures
- Communicate and negotiate with carriers to ensure cost savings and improved service
- Management of various spreadsheets and reports for internal use
- Strong leadership, propensity for creative thinking, pro-active approach to time management, organization and problem solving
- Thorough understanding of supply chain management and operations
- Strong knowledge of Shopify, Microsoft Excel and ability to adapt to various operations software management platforms
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management role related to supply chain and operations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
This position operates both in a co-working office environment and remote locations while traveling. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a laptop, cellphone, and printer.
PiperWai is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Reports To CEO & Sales Director
- Direct Reports 2